Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Got my Replacement Frame

My replacement frame arrived on Monday. It was shipped from San Francisco via US Postal Service on Friday. I tracked it online that evening and it was still in the Bay Area; it showed up at my door in Charleston, South Carolina Monday afternoon. Pretty fast service I would say for coming clear across the country.

The frame is a 51cm. Fuso that I built around 1985. It has been repainted in a red powder-coat finish. Yesterday I stripped my damaged bike down with the exception of the bottom bracket and crank set. I don’t have the tools at this time to do that myself, so I took both frames over to Charleston Bicycle Company, my LBS on Savannah Hwy. to have them complete the switch.

The frame came with a new Campagnolo Record headset, so there was no need to change that over. I will be finishing the re-build this coming weekend, and I’ll be back on the road. I am ready and looking forward to it immensely. Watch this spot for more pictures later.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Moulton,

Glad you like the frame. Ride it in good health.

Sincerely,
Ron

Coelecanth said...

I'm glad to see you'll be back on a bike in time for spring and I hope your eye is getting better.

Obviously you produced many, many frames in your career, I'm guessing it must be in the thousands. I was wondering if you ever remember making a specific production frame (as opposed to a custom order) when you see it again years later?

Anonymous said...

Say, that frame looks familiar. Like the one I powdercoated red and built up a few months ago, and sold to a bike pal a little north of me in California.
You wrote about it in an earlier blog entry in 06, August I think.

wow. I couldn't be happier for you. The frame is back to its roots!!
enjoy and ride safe
Mark

Anonymous said...

Make that July

http://davesbikeblog.blogspot.com/2006/07/get-out-and-ride-it-its-what-theyre.html

Mark